Begin your career improving the lives of others.
We are constantly seeking driven individuals to join our growing company. Our team is made up of people who are passionate about technology and improving the lives of others through cutting-edge solutions and outstanding customer service. By joining Knight Watch, you will be part of a leading systems integrator making businesses more secure and efficient.
The Best and Brightest to Work For
Knight Watch is recognized as being one of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®. Our employees’ passion for innovation coupled with our creative environment is why Knight Watch is a fun place to work and grow.
Our Employees Possess Great Values
Honest and Dedicated
Our people go above and beyond merely because it’s the right thing to do. We are a family of self-starters and motivated people who do what needs to be done without having to be told.
Supportive Team Player
It’s not in our vocabulary to say, “that is not my job.” We are always available to help each other regardless of our job description.
Having people with diverse skills and backgrounds makes us very confident. We check egos at the door and work together to achieve our goals.
We enjoy our work while accomplishing our goals together, which creates a friendly and positive work environment. We get satisfaction when we make our customers’ lives easier, so they can have a bit more fun too.
We are relentless in looking for ways to solve problems for our customers and teammates. We value people who bring creative and innovative solutions.
Installation Technician – Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Troy Branches
Knight Watch Inc. is seeking Installation Technicians for our Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and Troy, Michigan offices. Installation Technicians are responsible for the installation of fire alarms, surveillance systems, access controls and other systems that make businesses more secure and efficient. We work with some of the largest healthcare, educational and industrial facilities in Michigan. Our nearly perfect customer retention rate over the last 23 years proves how satisfied our customers are with our service. Installation Technicians report to the Service Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience with security and fire alarm systems.
Installation Technician responsibilities:
- Install, service and maintain fire alarms, security systems and other building systems in residential and commercial spaces
- Read blueprints and electrical drawings to determine which locations equipment will be installed in
- Educate and demo installed systems to customers
- Accurately report materials used and hours work on each job
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and errors
- Install equipment in accordance with building codes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2 years of security and fire installation experience or related
- Able to decipher blueprints and electrical drawings
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and work in small spaces
- Proficient with power tools and electronics
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office