Begin your career improving the lives of others.
We are constantly seeking driven individuals to join our growing company. Our team is made up of people who are passionate about technology and improving the lives of others through cutting-edge solutions and outstanding customer service. By joining Knight Watch, you will be part of a leading systems integrator making businesses more secure and efficient.
HVAC Account Manager – Kalamazoo Branch
We are seeking an Account Manager for our HVAC/Building Automation Division in Kalamazoo, MI. Our HVAC/Building Automation Division is expanding fast, and this exciting role will be responsible for helping further this growth. The HVAC Account Manager must have previous experience with HVAC Controls and Building Automation sales or estimation and a passion for energy management and simplifying building administration. CEM® and LEED® Certifications are a plus.
We are a customer-driven company. Candidates must be willing to put customers’ needs before their own.
HVAC Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Visit customer on-site to assess their current systems
- Build and maintain strong and personal relationships with customers and fully learn their needs and how to best solve them
- Keep up to date on our manufacturers’ HVAC Controls, Building Automation Systems, Power Metering and Lighting Controls and what applications they best serve
- Create detailed work orders and proposals for customers in a timely fashion
- Assist in troubleshooting systems installed at customers’ locations
HVAC Account Manager Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of HVAC/Building Automation sales/estimation
- In-depth knowledge of the field of HVAC Controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in HVAC/R or similar
- Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
HVAC Account Manager Preferred Skills & Experience
- CEM® and LEED® Certifications a plus
- Working with a team that values teamwork and growth in their profession
- Relocation assistance and compensation negotiable
- Bonus potential
- Base salary plus commission
- Priority Health Insurance
- Vision available
- Dental available
- Life insurance
- Company vehicle
- Gas and maintenance for vehicle
- Sick leave
- Educational reimbursement
- Cell phone, tablet, laptop and other career specific tools
- Vacation, personal and holiday pay
Knight Watch Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Installation Technician – Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Troy Branches
Knight Watch Inc. is seeking Installation Technicians for our Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and Troy, Michigan offices. Installation Technicians are responsible for the installation of fire alarms, surveillance systems, access controls and other systems that make businesses more secure and efficient. We work with some of the largest healthcare, educational and industrial facilities in Michigan. Our nearly perfect customer retention rate over the last 23 years proves how satisfied our customers are with our service. Installation Technicians report to the Service Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience with security and fire alarm systems.
Installation Technician responsibilities:
- Install, service and maintain fire alarms, security systems and other building systems in residential and commercial spaces
- Read blueprints and electrical drawings to determine which locations equipment will be installed in
- Educate and demo installed systems to customers
- Accurately report materials used and hours work on each job
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and errors
- Install equipment in accordance with building codes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2 years of security and fire installation experience or related
- Able to decipher blueprints and electrical drawings
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and work in small spaces
- Proficient with power tools and electronics
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Master Electrician – Kalamazoo Branch
Knight Watch is seeking Master Electricians for our Kalamazoo, MI office. Knight Watch is a systems integrator that installs, designs and services Security and Fire Systems, HVAC and Lighting Control, Access Control and Building Automation Systems. We install and service some of the largest healthcare, educational and industrial facilities in Michigan. We are hiring quality minded Master Electricians to manage electrical installations of high-end building management systems. Work schedules are negotiable, provided our valued customer’s expectations are met during every project. All potential candidates must be customer oriented and willing to put others before themselves. This position reports to the Operations Manager. Knight Watch offers an attractive base salary plus bonus potential.
Our Mission: We are driven to provide solutions that benefit the lives of our customers and employees.
Master Electrician Job Duties:
- Work with our integration group to install conduit and electrical wiring to HVAC Controls, Fire Alarms, Security Systems, Power Metering and HD Camera Systems.
- Connect and integrate high-end, low-voltage system components (we will teach you how to do this).
- Maintain, troubleshoot and install basic electrical system components in accordance with the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Demonstrate safe working practices and set examples for journeymen and apprentices.
- Identify, report and correct unsafe working conditions in a timely manner.
- Update resource allocations, progress and date changes to publish a weekly master schedule for all active projects.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks for control systems including point-to-point check-out, sensor calibration and software back-up.
- Coordinate work with other trades.
- Maintain company provided vehicles and tools.
- Implement and administer field project controls including change order management, productivity and project closeout.
- Perform or supervise installations, start-ups and commissioning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Qualifications:
- Master Electrician Certification
- 5 years of commercial/industrial electrical work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency with electrical installations as they pertain to common commercial and industrial practices
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and electrical drawings
- Ability to create a project schedule and supervise other staff
- Physical demands include the ability to safely lift 50 pounds or more
- Valid Driver’s License.